Breville BOV800XL – The Number 1 Most Loved Smart Oven
Breville BOV800XL is the most popular Smart Oven produced by Breville, a maker of small kitchen appliances, founded in Sydney, Australia, in 1932.
The unique thing about this 1800-watt countertop smart oven is that it does the thinking for you by automatically adjusting the independent heating elements ensuring an exact cooking process.
Breville BOV800XL comes with 9 menu functions that suggest the ideal temperature and time, and the best of all is BOV800XL remembers them for your next use.
Breville BOV800XL toasts evenly, makes delicious cookies, bakes perfect pizza, and roasts succulent meat.
The convection option of this Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven speeds up your cooking time by as much as 30%.
What Comes In The Box of Breville Smart Oven BOV800XL?
Breville BOV800XL Product Features
- Breville BOV800XL is a 1800-watt convection toaster oven – In reality, 1800-watt is hardly used as not many recipes require that high temperature but if in an occasion high toasting temperature is needed, BOV800XL comes in handy
- With Element IQ technology, Breville BOV800XL provides smarter control over the heat
- The convection option of Breville BOV800XL could speed up your cooking time by up to 30%. That translates into lesser waiting time, and no more rushing.
- BOV800XL offers 9 pre-set functions – Toast, Bagel, Bake, Roast, Broil, Pizza, Cookies, Reheat and Warm
- Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven has 5 quartz heating elements to ensure food is toasted evenly
- With the User-friendly control panel, even people who don’t normally cook could have their dishes done with ease
- The blue back-lit LCD screen makes it effortless to operate the unit and to see the current function, temperature, and function selected
- BOV800XL provides 3 rack positions to cater for different sizes of the food and utensils
- The auto-eject wire rack prevents you from burning when taking out the food from the oven
- The Breville BOV800XL Toaster Oven includes a removable crumb tray; pizza pan, baking pan, and broil rack
Breville BOV800XL Technical Details
- Exterior Dimensions: 18.5 x 16.2 x 11.2 inches
- Interior Dimensions: 18-1/2 by 12-1/2 by 10-3/4 inches
- Product Weight: 17.3 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 30 pounds
- Accessories include a 13-inch non-stick pizza pan, a 12-by-12-inch enamel baking pan, and a 12-by-12-inch enamel broil rack
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty
Breville BOV800XL User Manual + Recipes
THe Breville BOV800XL User Manual includes a list of recipes specially designed for the Breville Smart Oven.
Following the easy to understand Breville Toaster Oven recipes, you will be able to prepare Baked Crab Dip, Crab Stuffed Cremini Mushroom Caps, Bruschetta with Roasted Garlic Butter, Toasted Chicken Sandwich with Balsamic Caramelized Onion and Camembert, Pizza Dough, Dessert Pizzas, Ribs with Asian Barbecue Sauce, Banana Leaf Packets with Pineapple and Chicken, Beef Rib Roast, Herbed Leg of Lamb, Flattened Cornish Hen, Tandoori Chicken, Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies, Heavenly Lemony Cheesecake with Fresh Berries, and many more for your family and guests.
Here is a video showing you how to make the Margherita Pizza using the Breville Smart Oven
What the Review Team Likes About This Breville BOV800XL?
We like the fact that Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven is so versatile and provides so many function, 9 to be exact. BOV800XL even remembers our setting for the next time we use it, it is truly a smart oven.
Another thing we like about this smart oven is it toasts the food evenly and faster than most other toaster ovens in the market.
And lastly, cooking is fun but cleaning is the worst task to do after all the eating, but BOV800XL is very easy to clean with front-access removable crumb tray for quick cleanup.
Breville BOV800XL Review
Let’s find out what the customers who bought this Breville Smart Oven BOV800XL have to say.
Good (Pros) of Breville BOV800XL
- BOV800XL uses less electricity than a full size oven (using roughly 50% less electricity)
- 2 for the price of 1 – Breville BOV800XL is a Standard Toaster Oven and also a Convection Toaster Oven
- Stylish design and appealing packaging
- BOV800XL is smart enough to remember your temperature and time setting for your next use
- The timer on the Breville BOV800XL turns the oven off at the end of all the function modes (Toast, Bagel, Bake, Roast, Broil, Pizza, Cookies, Reheat and Warm). Unlike other oven which only turns itself off after toasting
- BOV800XL is easy to clear. The crumb tray can be conveniently pulled out from the front to brush off crumbs, or wash off accidental spills
- The BOV800XL’s oven door has magnetized areas that pull the oven rack about half way out when you open the door. It makes it safer to get your food out without reaching in and risking a burn
- The glass door has markings on it to tell you which position to put the rack in (bottom, middle or top), depending on what you’re cooking. Top Rack = Broil, Middle Rack = Toast, Cookie, Bagel, Pizza, Bottom Rack = Bake, Roast, Reheat, Warm.
- Comprehensive functions setting which includes Toast, Bagel, Bake, Roast, Broil, Pizza, Cookies, Reheat, and Warm
- Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven’s 5 quartz heating elements (3 on top, 2 on the bottom) ensures food is toasted evenly, avoiding the case of one side is over cooked while the other side is half cooked
Bad (Cons) of Breville BOV800XL
- Some customers complained that the BOV800XL’s power supply cord is only 3′ which is too short for them. As a matter of fact, it all depends on the layout of your kitchen. A long power cord can pose a safety issue.
- Some customers reported that the Breville Customer Service Department is not very professionally managed
Tips on Using Breville BOV800XL
1. Here are some tips for using the BOV800XL Smart Oven for the first time:
- Wash the accessories in warm soapy water with a soft sponge, rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Place the tray with the prongs or supports on top
- Slide in the crumb tray
- Wipe the interior of the smart oven with a soft damp sponge. Dry thoroughly.
- Place the oven on a flat, dry surface. Ensure that there is a minimum distance of 4″ (10cm) of space on both sides of the appliance.
- Turn on the Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven for 15 minutes without any food in there for the first time to clean out any particles from the manufacturing process
2. Breville BOV800XL can get pretty hot on the top especially when broiling . Be careful not to touch the oven top when the oven is turned on (remember to remind your young children at home) or you can purchase the Breville cutting board (Amazon carries them) and place it on the top to hold all the pans and pizza stone as well as to prevent anyone from accidentally touching the top.
3. If you’re concerned about keeping the enameled pans clean, purchase the Kirkland aluminum foil sheets (Amazon carries them)which fit nicely in the enamel pan.
4. Aluminum foil can be used with BOV800XL but keep it away from touching the quartz heating elements
5. Do not use glass pans for cooking with unusually high temperatures, such as when broiling
Breville BOV800XL Is For People Who:
- enjoy cooking but does not want to dirty the kitchen
- small family who bakes or toasts regularly
- fast toasting of food
- want a multi-function toaster oven
- do not have enough space in the kitchen to house a standard size oven
- want to save time and energy for small cooking jobs
- want a easy-to-clean toaster oven that lasts for years
What Are People Raving About Breville BOV800XL?
“I am amazed at this machine. It is worth every penny and then some. I have cooked everything from steak to cookies to chicken tenders to bagels to toast in it, over and over and each time I get a perfectly cooked meal. It’s perfect for small families, perfect for those after school snacks that need to be heated up or a meal for 2. I’ve even put pizza in it and it comes out crispy and delicious.
Most of these toaster ovens have a reputation for not toasting properly or cooking properly but no matter what I put in it, it works beautifully. You’ll have to experiment with the convection option, it works really well for some foods but as the manual says not for all foods. There’s even a frozen option that helps cook frozen foods all the way through.” … Harold Cohen
“THIS oven has changed the way we fix our meals. We broil our steaks with As well as bake biscuits and cakes also potatoes in other words it has done Whatever we asked of it all done exceptionally WELL. I WOULD DEFINATELY recommend This to anyone. A bit pricey but you get what you pay for.” … Richard E. Kelley
“This product met and surpassed my expectations. It has taken a little time of use to learn just how wonderful it is. I say it was worth every penny of it’s price. I am starting a savings program to fund this as a gift to all my loved ones. Thank you Amazon and Breville.” … Annie
“It is worth the price! User friendly. I can cook just about anything without heating up all of that extra area in my oven (which usually takes about 1/2 hour just to reach temp!). Within a few minutes I can start baking, and cooking is even faster with the convection program turned on! Easy to clean and the plate-warmer is really handy. Just love it!” … Julia Child “Karen”
“This oven is very versatile, and just absolutely a lot of fun to operate. I like the fact that it has so many functions and does a good job of everything. The workmanship is excellent – nothing rinky-dink here!. My order was speedily delivered from Amazon and arrived in good shape.” … Elna Rucker
Here is what one happy customer has to say about the Breville BOV800XL Toaster.
Verdict: Breville BOV800XL The Smart Oven
Verdict: Breville BOV800XL is a great toaster oven. Because of its excellent functions and performance, though price-wise, BOV800XL is considered at the high end, in the long run, it’s going to save you time, money and energy every day.
Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven allows you to do so many different things, prepare so many recipes, your family and friends will be impressed and very happy.
Overall Satisfaction: 97%
Where To Buy Breville BOV800XL?
That’s a really important question. We want to be sure that you are getting a really good deal. So we did some extensive research Breville toaster oven and found it to be Amazon.com
If you order today you can have a saving of $50 on the normal purchase price of the Breville Smart Oven BOV800XL.
We have checked out most of the popular local stores, their toaster oven prices for Breville BOV800XL ranges from $250 to $360 where Amazon is selling below $250, with FREE Super Saver Shipping, that is really a very good deal. Breville BOV800XL is indeed the Best Toaster Over under $250.
Amazon is reputable company that stands out in consumer services. You will have a piece of mind because not only they will make sure you get the Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven on time but they are very actively in updating you the status of your delivery. Many BOV800XL Toaster Oven customers reported that the Amazon Customer Service is excellent.
We are not sure how long will these special deals last, so if you have enjoyed reading the many benefits and features of the Breville BOV800XL then this may be the Best Breville Smart Oven for you.